Dolphin Fun

Dolphin Fun
2014 Cruise

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Still Standing

This week in our study of Esther -- the Jews were given a decree to defend themselves from annihilation.  They fought for one day and killed many.  Esther then asked for 1 more day of defense in Susa.  It was granted.  It was then ordered, that the very next day would be for rest.  This was the day the Jews have decided to celebrate.  Purim.

I related to this in that -- the Jews celebrated the day of rest.  Not all the men that were killed, or that they conquered, but celebrated that they were "still standing".  Wow.  Celebrate that YOU are still standing.

The question was asked of us, what days do you celebrate throughout the year?  Besides the obvious holidays and birthdays -- what would you say?
I said:

  •  My husband's salvation -- July 23
  • My wedding anniversary -- Sept 16
  • My kids' baptism -- Dec 30
  • My adoption day -- Sept 25
  • My kids salvation - I don't recall the day -- but they both accepted Christ on the same day. 
As you can see -- I like any reason to celebrate, right?  Find something to celebrate today -- most of you are "still standing" and there is reason to rejoice!  

No comments:

Post a Comment