Dolphin Fun

Dolphin Fun
2014 Cruise

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Playing Cards

This past weekend, I worked the time away.  I was telling Garth we hadn't played this card game since our Caribbean cruise... so while I was working away he looked up again how to play it.

When I took a break -- he asked me to play the game with him.  Gin rummy. The idea is to make runs, sets and lay down your cards before the other person, trying to take all the points.  Very fun.

So, you are dealt 10 cards.  When I started the game, I only wanted to draw certain cards -- but as the deck went along -- I had to change strategies and multiple times... what I started out wanting, like 10's -- since I couldn't draw a 10 to save my life -- I had to go for other cards...

I realized that our life is so much like this.  We start going all out for one thing, yet realize God's plan for us is much sweeter and better than we could ever imagine.  (I Cor 2:9-10). We have to then adjust our dreams, plans, desires.  Sometimes you win with the adjustment, other times you lose - but in both there are lessons to learn.

Are there ways you have had to adjust your strategy to win the game?  Have you won? Have you lost? Life is  like a game.  At church we say, you need to be fast, fluid, flexible.  Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment