Dolphin Fun

Dolphin Fun
2014 Cruise

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Obstacles that are really lies

I shared with you last week some notes from my bible study Undanted By Christine Caine.

This was our final lesson today. I have to say this bible study has made a lot of things clear, but also muddied the water as well as stirred it all up together.  I see clearly that I have a purpose and that I think I need to go after that purpose, but the HOW always halts you in your tracks.

One of the final thoughts (how I interpreted it, not the rest of the group - I know, shocker) was about obstacles.  It was a list of common obstacles.  I looked at these obstacles and thought, "what do each of these things look like in real life"?

For example - unforgiveness.  What would a person that has trouble forgiving look like on the inside? Maybe hard hearted.  Maybe bitter.  And so on and so on.  I kind of did a character sketch on each one of these.  My reasoning? To be able to help people more effectively.

Here's the list we had:

  • Unforgiveness
  • Bitterness
  • Shame
  • Fear
  • Guilt
  • Rejection 
  • Hurt

2 points to these that I realized after doing my study and my sketches.  IF you have these in your life AND we ALL do........ 

YOU ARE STUCK.  

The stronghold of this list are LIES. 

We learned last Sunday at Church that all a stronghold is - is a LIE.  It is meant to deceive you.  It is meant to make you STUCK.  Nothing on this list is from God. 

No more.  It's time to be free.  No more duct tape, packing tape, webs. 

FREE to do what God has next in your life.  Are you free?  


No comments:

Post a Comment