Dolphin Fun

Dolphin Fun
2014 Cruise

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Today I need to let it go.  I need to be okay with the outcome, however it may be.  And that requires a process of grieving the ideal.  I had visions of my mind how the situation should play out.  I had envisioned it so much, I was sure it would happen. Now I have to accept that at this time, it's not going to happen like I thought.  This makes me sad, mad, frustrated.  Wondering, why, what is the purpose?  


You can make many plans,but the Lord’s purpose will prevail. Proverbs 19:21. 


This verse came to mind this morning.  I had planned it would go a certain way, but God's ways are higher, more accurate, bigger pictured. 


11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 12 In those days when you pray, I will listen13 If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me14 I will be found by you,” says the Lord. “I will end your captivity and restore your fortunes. I will gather you out of the nations where I sent you and will bring you home again to your own land.” Jeremiah 29:11-14 


Confirmation that God's plans are better than mine.  I need to let go and grieve my idea of how it should come together.  Trust in God's plan and know that He is protecting me, guiding me, leading me to what's next.  


I need to align my heart and my mind.  And go back to my saying from the beginning of this journey ---- you NEVER know or realize what God is protecting you from that you have no idea about.  The situations He has saved you from. It can always be worse, we need to be more thankful about the things that DON'T happen to us, right? And in this situation, I need to be thankful for that, really thankful.  He could be protecting me from a really bad situation that I have no understanding of.  All I see is my point of view, and from here I want it so bad... I don't have the full big picture.  Praising God that He does!  And he's protecting me. 


Trusting that God is holding my heart and my mind in his hand, and working on letting go of my plan, and resting in His. 

4 comments:

  1. Tonya, I am crying right now! You also have no idea when God will put someone in your life that will say the right thing at the right time!!! So Thank You Tonya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome. I'll pray for you too... feel free to call or stop by anytime if you want to talk!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully put, Tonya! I so easily fall back into pursuing my own plan instead of resting in His. I needed that reminder today. Love you and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I've ever spent any real time in Jeremiah...but I think I need to change that.

    ReplyDelete