Dolphin Fun

Dolphin Fun
2014 Cruise

Friday, May 3, 2013

Google ROCKS

Sunday night, it's family time at the Mosher's.  I've implemented at 7:00 pm -- all other activities cease, computers are off, face time is done for the day.  At this stage of life -- our kids are into all kinds of things that don't really involve all 4 of us.

7:00 pm.  AFV comes on.  I love to laugh and I think family time should be full of laughter.  So we sit down to watch it together.  And many times, this leads to conversations and fun memories.

However, last Sunday night.  I sat at the end of the couch, not feeling great instead of the middle like I normally do to keep the peace.. (at this stage -- there is also a lot of fighting amongst 2 children in this house...). So AFV family time wasn't going so great.  I threatened to end it.  Can you picture this? Does it happen to you too? I sure hope I'm not alone in these not so lovely moments... Lindsay is now yelling at Hunter..........................

I look over at Hunter looking at his ipad (which is forbidden by the way, but by now I don't really care since it isn't going so great) and I hear him say -- When you yell, I feel hurt by that.  Then reading his ipad, says I love you, I want a relationship with you. It hurts my feelings when you act like this.  He then raises his hand, because he reads and says it will help the person lower their voice.

You see -- he had googled what to do when someone yells at you.... genius!  Google is now helping with relationship issues at the Mosher house.  How innovative is that? I was quite impressed with this.  I probably would have been a bit more impressed as would Lindsay if he wasn't "reading" it from the ipad.

I'd like to tell you that this helped and we enjoyed the rest of our AFV family time.  It didn't.  Because then she had to google what to do with an annoying brother that farts -- it wasn't pretty. In fact, AFV ended early that night with 2 kids having to go to bed early.

Later, I thought how much he truly cares about making the relationship work with his sister and that the yelling really upsets him -- how much do I try to make relationships work in my own life?  Do I try hard? What are some tools I can use to make things better?  What do you do to make it better?  It made me think this week about ways I can make those around me know that they matter and I care about our relationship.

I may have to google some new ideas this week.... how about you? And just a hint...try to memorize it, not read it from your tablet!  It may go over better! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment