Dolphin Fun

Dolphin Fun
2014 Cruise

Monday, November 28, 2011

Thankfulness

I was thinking on Thanksgiving how thankful I was for so many different things.  It hit me, that thankfulness is like an "onion" (ogres are like an onion.... ) You peel back the layers of thankfulness...

I'm thankful THIS happened, because then THIS happened and because of that, THIS happened..... it's kind of like once you start listing things you are thankful for, the layer just gets deeper and deeper, richer with flavor and closer to the core of who you are.

It's times like that when you are able to see how God has worked a situation out, and continued on the situation, until it's sweet taste today.

Like this:

I'm thankful for my kids.  In order to have my kids:
I'm thankful for my husband. In order to have met my husband:
I'm thankful for my job.  (That's how I met my husband) In order to have had my job:
I'm thankful for my college degree.

See how it works?  Reminds me of the Christmas chains that we put on the tree..... each link connected to the next.

Random thoughts......

No comments:

Post a Comment