Dolphin Fun

Dolphin Fun
2014 Cruise

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Fiery Furnace

In spring, I led an in depth bible study on the book of Daniel.  I'm sure you all have heard of the story of the fiery furnace.  Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were thrown into the fiery furnace for not worshiping the king.  And they came out of the furnace with no marks, not even smelling like smoke... a true miracle. These guys along with Daniel were studying/training with the king.  Daniel seemed to be the leader of the pack.  He had been called away -- so these 3 were on their own during this trial/testing of their faith.

True character often comes in the most inconvenient, alone, tough times.

Our lesson that week was on Daniel 3.  And today as we celebrate my friend Judy's life, I wanted to share this with you.  From that day of bible study we learned 3 different scenarios when people face a fiery trial:


  1. We can be delivered FROM the fire.  These trials are not usually life long, they resolve.  
    1. The dividend of this trial is our faith is BUILT
  2. We can be delivered THROUGH the fire.  This is a fight, hard work, could be a long struggle, but it is a fight to reveal God's glory.  (James 1:12, John 11:4, IPeter 1:6-7)
    1. The dividend of this trial is our faith is REFINED. 
  3. We can be delivered BY the fire straight into His arms. (Heb 12:1-2, I Cor 15:26).  No explanation needed.... 
    1. The dividend is that our faith is PERFECTED

My friend's faith is perfected.  She was delivered right into His arms.  

I Timothy 4:6-8
 For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time for my departure is near. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment