Dolphin Fun

Dolphin Fun
2014 Cruise

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

40, try something new!! Feeling fab!

Turned 40 this week.  I'm not sure how this has happened as I seem to recall I was just in high school?!!?!? 

But a few months ago I decided I wanted to be a bit adventurous.... I didn't want to feel "old" or appear "too old".... do you have those thoughts?  

Just as it has panned out --- I've had the opportunity the past month to do a few "firsts" -- just to make sure I keep life exciting and feel young!! 


  • White Water Rafting trip (thanks to my sister in law)
    • I'm terrified of drowning, so I nicely passed when she asked the 1st time using Lindsay as my excuse -- however, when Lindsay decided she would go, I had to go too..... 
    • BUT I didn't fall out and I loved every minute, want to do it again. 
  • Ziplining --- FANTASTIC!! Check out High Life Adventures in Warrenton, OR.  We had a total blast.  My parents went as well as my kids and hubby. 
  • Riding a quad - actually DRIVING a quad.  After a terrible experience as a kid, I had not driven one ever again. But patient and kind friends encouraged me to do it.  It was very fun.... plus it involved riding at the beach -- did you say the beach?  Yes!! I'm there.  Riding along the water was a total thrill. 
  • Road Trippin it with Garth & the kids... this was the longest road trip we've had together and it was fantastic. Disneyland, Universal, Hollywood, family, etc.... great times. 
  • As of last night: 
    • 1st surprise party thrown on my behalf.  Fantastic times and so fun to see people from various walks of life together in one place!  Loved it!! 
    • 1st jello shot ever in my life thanks to my sweet friend.... they are dangerous and should come with a warning label..... 
    • 1st time having my drivers license with a punched hole in it.... luckily or not so luckily I didn't have to show it to order my BUCKET last night... hhmmm..... 


I learned this past month that I need to keep life more interesting.  Not necessarily with "things" (or expensive trips) but with being willing to try something new.  This is a life skill that I need to polish up on and be a good example to my kids to try things. You never know if you are going to like it until you try it... 

Have you tried something new this summer?  Did you like it? 


No comments:

Post a Comment